Monday, February 11, 2013

Something fishy about last Sunday

Good evening good people!! Its was/is a lovely Monday afternoon here in Bongo (Dar es Salaam)!!and although am abit late to brag about my weekend, I'll still do it anyway.. Ok,it was nothing too special actually until Sunday arrived when we made our way to Bagamoyo with mama, my niece and some family friends.As you might or might not know, Bagamoyo holds quite abit of Tanzanian history, with the first Church being built there.

So we went round and round acting like tourists (just coz we could)through the narrow historic roads until we landed into Bagamoyo's fish market! At first it was not much of a big deal because I have been to fish markets here in Dar, but the price difference is what got me interested! I am a Mchagga, so any bargain I can get, I love! I really do not get that excited about fish that much to be honest but prawns and calamari is a whole new different story. So I walk round and round asking for the different prices of prawns( kamba-in kiswahili)..from 28,000Tshs until I found a vendor willing to sell me 5kilos for 20,000Tshs!!!!

But since I hadn't really budgeted to go prawn shopping, I parted with 5000Tshs and the vendor must have been feeling very generous and added on an extra half a kilo so I managed to get 1.5 kilos of prawns for 5000Tshs!!! So just for that, I decided to dedicate a post to the generous fish/prawns etc vendors of Bagamoyo!!I love a good bargain and am sure if your a real food lover like me, the more you can get at the same quality you want is always a good deal! Here are some pictures:

Fishermen at work near the ocean

Another angle



No comments:

Post a Comment