Sunday, February 3, 2013

My Kryptonite

Ladies and Gentlemen, like all human beings, I have a weakness. This is one of those weaknesses that will take me down anytime, anywhere, meaning that I am likely to fall into temptation EVERYTIME!!!

I am sure it was love at first bite! Me and that succulent, soft white meat must have fallen in-love back when I was 4 years old! Would I be over exaggerating if I said I can picture my very first bite???? and funny thing is almost 1.5 kilos later, I was still alive??

Over the years, many tried to divert my very first love from me but we have managed to keep our fire burning! From dinners at home, to Pick n Pay Chicken wings packets in University where I got the nickname "miss chicken wings na kapilipili" from my Kenyan neighbours.....actually, reminiscing on those days makes me crave for some chicken wings right now....

So this post is dedicated to you, you beautiful farm birds(preferably dead ofcos)! I have always and will probably always love you...till death do us part!and even after, I hope there is a chicken heaven out there, somewhere and I'm hoping Saint Peter will hook me up with a good word or two to the main man upstairs so I can land in there!!

Here's a quick, simple recipe:

Put oven on grill mode,
I usually use 4-6 chicken wing pieces,
Marinate in black pepper,salt,lemon juice and abit of oil
Remember to use a non-stick oven pan, or line your pan with alittle of oil,
Grill for 10-15 min( keep checking and turning each of the pieces over atleast once)

and there you have it..and my special secret ingredient to even better wings in Nandos Garlic Peri- peri sauce!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment