Thursday, June 6, 2013

KFC..We need to talk...




So as all of you already know, chicken is my kryptonite so you can just imagine how excited I was to hear KFC is finally opening up in Dar es salaam!! However, I am ashamed to admit that I only got a taste of this KFC chicken just last Saturday......dissapointing i know, especially for someone who claims to have so much love for the bird.

Having tasted KFC chicken in 3 different countries (South Africa, America, Kenya) I knew what kind of taste I was expecting to have... perfectly seasoned, perfectly fried tasty chunks of chicken with that taste that you only get at KFC but alas...after waiting 8 mouth-watering minutes for my zinger chicken pieces to be prepared..and another 15 minutes drive back home...another 5 minutes to set the chicken and chips and soda right infront of the telly just so I can really savour that moment perfectly...I took the first bite...took the second bite...and first thing that comes to my mind is " Am I being punked" ?? Will Ashton Kutcher come out of the closet and give me real KFC Zinger Chicken pieces??


The chicken pieces had no salt...the chicken tasted nothing like the KFC i know...whats the deal?? Yes the chicken was crunchy, and cooked but It was missing that KFC seasoning touch...I was so dissapointed that before I shared this saddening moment of my chicken loving life with someone who I simply asked, " Have you tried KFC? and the first comment that comes out was "It doesn't taste like KFC right??? Its not that I am out to talk badly about you Dar franchise but am just saying, my relationship with you is off to a rocky start...lets put in some more effort, you perfectly season my chicken and cook it with that KFC touch..and I promise to come eat as much as I can when I can(though it will not do my poor stomach any good as I am tryna loose the flab!

No comments:

Post a Comment